Your publisher, Peter Simeti, here -- thanks for joining our forum!
Here's a few tips and suggestions that should make your experience a fun and pleasant one:
1) Right off the bat, I recommend going to your profile and clicking on "Settings" to tweak your Notification alerts. If you don't adjust them, you'll receive an email for almost everything that goes on here... which can be annoying and confusing. Notifications being set to "all" is basically the default and unfortunately we can't do anything about that from this end, but luckily you can!
2) Feel free to fill out your profile with as much or as little information as you'd like. If you're going to put links in your profile, make sure to type out "http://" first -- that will make the link active and clickable.
3) There's all kinds of topic boards on here and many for promotion/discovery of projects and creators that are not affiliated with Alterna. Feel free to use those as well!
4) When you have a minute, head on over to the "INTRODUCTIONS" topic board and say hello!
5) At Alterna, we have readers and creators of all walks of life, ideas, and opinions, so I expect that to be reflected in our forum as well. I encourage discussions and conversations on here -- and I hope that even when we don't agree, we can all be respectful of one another. That's all I ask! I don't plan on censoring anyone's speech, opinions, or how they express themselves but my hope is that we can always treat each other with respect and dignity. No matter our differences, I promise you we all have much, much more in common than we realize.
Thanks for making this forum a fun and friendly environment!
See you around!